A virtual office can be a solution to any one of a number of issues facing today’s business operators, from small to large organisations.
Issues including cost, location, support and technology can all in part or completely be solved through the use of a virtual office and the services and technologies that it provides. A virtual office solution can assist all types of businesses – ranging from those small businesses looking for a more professional face, to larger businesses looking to cost-effectively expand into new geographic regions, and many other situations besides.
Simply put, a virtual office allows you to maintain a critical level of professionalism and operation without the complexity of a bricks and mortar office space or long-term leasing arrangements.
The virtual office concept came of age with advances in technology (including the advent of cloud computing) that has allowed for remote operations that proved a seamless customer service experience – and today’s virtual office includes technology, administrative, and location solutions.
But what exactly can a virtual office provide for you and your business? Well, in a nutshell a virtual office can provide you with all the services, people, resources and facilities your business needs to grow quickly and efficiently. Here’s a simple list of features:
- Prestigious corporate address with a million dollar fit out for all your correspondence
- Local business telephone number
- Your dedicated local receptionist will warmly greet your callers in your company name and transfer according to your specific instructions – wherever you are
- Control your call handling – by updating online in real time
- 24/7 interactive voicemail with automatic delivery to email or mobile†
- ‘Find me follow me’ technology to forward your telephone calls to ring simultaneously in multiple places
- Fully-equipped boardrooms, meeting rooms and facilities worldwide†
- Online booking of Servcorp facilities and services in real time
- Superfast wireless internet with 99.98% uptime†Your team of personal assistants are always available to assist you with business activities and administration whenever you need them†
- Mail and courier management
- Servcorp Onefax. Secure fax to email technology†
- Video conferencing and online meeting hosting†
- Worldwide access to shared workspace in our business lounge. First three hours per day included†
- Use of a private office for 3 days per month when travelling outside of your home city‡
- Membership flexibility and month-by-month contracts
†Available on a pay-as-you-go basis. ‡ Non-accumulative and subject to availability.
Benefits (not features)
OK so you understand the features of a virtual office, but what about the benefits? Well some of the key benefits are:
- A virtual office saves you money and hassle when compared to a traditional office solution
- A virtual office gives you instant access to a premium address, a local telephone number and a professional reception team – allowing you to work on your business rather than in it.
- A virtual office allows you to have a global presence immediately.
- A virtual office gives you the latest technology without the investment – including a global IT and communications network, super-fast internet, video conferencing and online meeting hosting.
- Ultimately, a virtual office solution can provide you with the business essentials to effectively manage a company, leaving you to focus on driving revenue, with the support and flexibility you need to help strike the right work/life balance.
So a virtual office does indeed provide you with ‘everything but the office’ (although you can have the ’space’ benefits of an actual office).
But what about choosing the right virtual office solution for you? Will the level of service and support around these services be the right solution for you? Asking a few simple questions will help you make the right decision.
Tips for Choosing a Virtual Office
- Always ask to test the internet service and see how long it takes to connect, browse the web, and check your e-mails.
- Ask if the Internet provider is a Tier 1 provider and what the guaranteed uptime is.
- Ask about the IT tech support. Is it easy to get access to? Is it around the clock? Ask who has access to the WI-Fi. Check to make sure it’s secure. Ask about what kind of firewall can be set up for your network.
- Test out the receptionist yourself, if you can. Make a call and ask questions. Of course, be polite and understand that staff will be busy answering client calls!
- Ask about couriers, mail delivery and digitisation of documentation too.
- Always ask about the details of all fees and charges. Many services are included in a virtual office package, but others are not and are charged in addition each month. You can find more information here.
- Flexibility of contracts – your business needs change; will you be locked in for 12 months, can you easily upgrade, downscale, go month by month.
And remember – if you’re not sure about any aspect of how a virtual office can help you grow your business, simply contact us and we will be happy assist you!